FutureBook Printing, Inc. (“FutureBook”, “we” or “our”) operates a yearbook production and printing business under the name FutureBook Yearbooks.
FutureBook is committed to protecting your privacy, and supports a general policy of openness about how it collects, uses and discloses personal information.
- An individual’s business contact information, including the individual’s name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business e-mail, and business fax number;
- Personal information about an individual that is publicly available information as designated under the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia), such as information available from a public registry or in a telephone book;
- Aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual; and
- Information about a company, association or other organization.
Collection of Personal Information
FutureBook may collect the following personal information:
- Contact information (name, address, e-mail address and telephone number of our customers) in order to contact you with regard to your account;
- Photographs, images, videos, audio, documents and other information relating to our customer’s institutions and their students, staff, and any other employees or attendees of their institutions, including school, student, sports, graduation and other events and activities;
- Photos and personal profiles of our customer’s and their students, staff, and other employees or attendees of their institutions;
- Financial and billing information (credit card number/expiration date) to pay accounts;
- Any other personal information submitted by customers to FutureBook on their own behalf or on behalf of their institutions, students, staff, and other employees or attendees of their institutions.
The personal information described above may be collected in many forms (hard or soft copy, electronically, e-mail, telephone, voice message, facsimile, etc.) and by various means, including through your use of our Website (as defined herein), through contacts with our customer service and sales associates, from our customers such as schools, and/or through third parties acting on our behalf such as our independent sales representatives. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services in connection with our business, such as fulfilling and processing orders, payment processing, uploading personal information for our use, verifying and validating information, hosting all or part of our Website, providing website usage analytics, list management, sending communications, customer support, providing marketing assistance and data analysis, and other administrative services. We may provide our service providers access to information, including personal information, only for the purpose of carrying out services on our behalf. Such service providers may use certain tracking technologies to collect and store information about you and your use of our Website, and combine this information with information they collect from other sources. If you access our Website through a mobile device or app, we may share certain of your information with mobile carriers, operating systems and platforms.
We use the Website to provide you with access to our products, services and information related thereto. We may also collect personal information through your use of our website (www.futurebookyearbooks.com) and all its related webpages and websites, including any unique URL links provided by FutureBook to its customers (collectively, the “Website”). For clarity, the term “Website” does not include any third party websites which are linked to or may link from this website whether or not such third party websites are used in association with our products and services.
We use “cookie” technology to ensure secure navigation of certain parts of the Website. Cookies are small amounts of data that are transferred from FutureBook’s server to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. We do not link any of the information we store in cookies to your personal information. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you have the option of blocking or disabling cookies. However, please be aware that you may be unable to access certain parts or all of the Website if you do block or disable FutureBook cookies.
We may collect information sent to us by your web browsers or device, including your IP address or other information that does not identify you personally such as a device or browser token, the date and time of your visit, information about your web browser or device type, etc. The information we receive depends on the setting on your web browser or device. Please review the setting of your web browser or device if you want to learn and change what information is sent by your browser or device.
We may use your device’s location services to determine your coarse (network-based) and fine (GPS-based) location via your device (“geolocation”) in order to provide you with customized or geographically-specific content. You can control whether your device allows applications to use location services through the mobile device settings for your device.
We may use small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs,” “clear GIFs,” “single-pixel GIFs,” “pixel tags,” and “action tags”) on our Website or in our email communications to you. We may use web beacons for a number of purposes, such as to track browser types, to track the search terms and domain names that bring visitors to our Website, to count visitors to our Website, to monitor how users navigate our Website, and to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or how many particular links or content elements were actually viewed.
We may also use embedded scripts, which are programming code designed to collect information about how visitors interact with our Website, including where they came from and the manner in which they use it, and to deliver customized or targeted content to you on a property and through our partners. Embedded scripts are downloaded onto your device’s cache from our web server or a third party service provider and are deactivated or deleted following the end of your session once your browser cache is cleared.
To take advantage of some of the features of the Website you will have to provide us with certain personal information. We need to collect, use and disclose certain personal information when you create an account with us and when you use your account to access our products and services. If you choose not to provide us with the right to use certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the product, service or information you requested.
When you provide personal information to us, you control whether you would like to receive further communications from us and/or from our clients and partners about products or services of interest. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive such communications at any time. If you decide you no longer want to receive promotional communications from us, let us know by following the unsubscribe link in a commercial electronic message, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify in your e-mail which consent you are revoking). Please note that if you give us permission to add your contact information to the mailing list of one of our clients or partners and later withdraw your permission, you will have to contact that third party (or use an opt-out link provided in an e-mail communication from that client or partner) to have your name removed from their mailing list as well.
Use of Personal Information
FutureBook collects personal information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- To register a customer with FutureBook and to provide services to the customer including contact information and information relating to payment of accounts;
- To provide you with the products, services or information you have requested;
- To determine customers interests in order to market further services to him or her;
- To establish and maintain commercial relationships with customers and provide ongoing services in an effective manner;
- To send notices from time to time with respect to your account, purchases and orders;
- To create, manufacture and produce yearbooks or other products depicting our customer’s institutions, students, staff, and other employees or attendees of their institutions and their activities;
- To market our services to future or current customers, including by way of presentations, pamphlets or otherwise which may use, among other things, snapshots of yearbooks disclosing personal information such as student photos and names;
- To take, verify, process and deliver your order, and to process or obtain payment;
- To determine your geographical location for compliance, security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- For warranty, technical support or similar purposes;
- To facilitate subscription renewals;
- To improve our Website, services and products for our customers;
- To provide reporting information to our current and prospective partners and service providers, or for historical, statistical or research and analysis purposes;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Such other reasons as a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
FutureBook may, in the course of our business and in providing our products and services, receive personal information about individuals from our customers and partners, including schools. We may use this information to provide our products and services or to carry out one or more of the Purposes, except to the extent the providing party has restricted our rights to use the personal information provided to us. FutureBook will not sell or rent to any third party personal information provided by schools to FutureBook.
FutureBook reserves the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information and the personal information of your students, staff, and other employees or attendees of your institutions without your knowledge and/or consent where we are allowed or required to by the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia) or other applicable legislation.
If you provide us with photographs, images, videos, audio, documents, user profiles, audiovisual materials, questions, comments or other content (collectively, “User Content“), we can reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use submitted User Content in any media or format currently existing or later developed in order to provide you with the product, service or information you requested. Please think carefully before deciding what information you provide as User Content. Please note that we do not control who will have access to the information and User Content that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that you provide. If you provide us with any ideas, comments, suggestions, or other feedback related to our products, services or business, you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right to use it for any purpose related to our business without compensation to you.
FutureBook may rely on express consent when collecting personal information. However, where the purpose of the collection of personal information is obvious (such as the use of a credit card to pay an account), FutureBook will rely on implied consent.
Unless otherwise stated herein, FutureBook will only collect personal information where it is necessary to provide the service which you are seeking. FutureBook may also require individuals in certain instances, as a condition of the supply of services, to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information in order to fulfill the Purposes.
FutureBook reserves the right to collect, use or disclose personal information in certain limited circumstances, without the knowledge and consent of the individual, where required or permitted by law. Examples of this include:
- FutureBook may collect or use personal information to create aggregate information, in order to identify customer needs and trends, and to aid in the development of new services and products.
- FutureBook may disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities if requested by an appropriate governmental authority.
- FutureBook may disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law.
- FutureBook may collect, use or disclose personal information without the knowledge and consent of the individual if seeking consent of the individual is reasonably expected to compromise the availability or the accuracy of personal information reasonably required for an investigation or a proceeding such as in the case of an investigation of a breach of agreement or contravention of federal or provincial law.
- FutureBook may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to collect debts owed to FutureBook.
You may withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of personal information in connection with the services that you have requested at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. FutureBook will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent at such time. If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, please contact our Privacy Officer (listed below).
Access To Personal Information
You have the right to access personal information in connection with the services that you have requested that are in the possession or control of FutureBook and to know how that personal information has been and is being used, and to whom it has been disclosed.
FutureBook reserves the right to refuse to comply with all or part of a request where we are required to or are permitted to refuse to do so by the provisions of Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia) or other applicable legislation.
Applications must be in writing and be sent to our Privacy Officer either by mail or email at the addresses set out below. Applications should have sufficient detail that allows us to identify you and the information you are requesting.
We will assist you with your requests and will respond as accurately and completely as reasonably possible.
Protection of Personal Information
FutureBook makes reasonable efforts in accordance with industry standards to ensure that personal information that you have provided to us is protected against loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying or similar risks.
This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form and will vary depending on the sensitivity of the information.
Access to personal information is restricted to selected employees, FutureBook representatives or third party service providers on a need-to-know basis. In addition, FutureBook employs generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls, encrypted files and access control procedures in order to protect personal information against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modifying, disposal or similar risk. It is important that you understand, however, that no commerce solution, website, app, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof,” and we cannot anticipate all potential misuse of data over the Internet. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and your use of the Website indicates that you are willing to assume this risk.
Retention of Personal Information
FutureBook retains personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the Purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such Purpose(s) remains valid after termination of FutureBook’s relationship with you.
You may contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
FutureBook Printing, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
1849 Gonzales Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
Phone: Victoria: 250-598-4446
or Toll free: 1-877-855-2665